Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Following my Inner Orange....













A couple of months ago I went to a party at one of my mother's friend's house. Not sure why I was hanging out with her crowd, but it was cool. I ate good food and drank ... and drank ... and drank. And before I knew it, oops, I was d.r.u.n.k. Like, whoa!!! Fell into bushes, thrown in the pool fully clothed, peed my pants drunk. Yep, and my mother was too! Ha! At that party, one of her guy friends was wearing a Tshirt that I thought said "follow your inner orange" on the front of it. The Universe was speaking to my drunk ass! I HAD to have that shirt!! That was SUCH a powerful message!!  Lucky for me, I have pretty-girl-power, (so what if I made a scene!) and the guy friend took it off and gave it to me. See, orange is my favorite color. :) Not sure how in my weirdo brain that means anything powerful, but it totally spoke to me. After I sobered up the next day, I discovered the Tshirt was for Shock Top beer (ugh, I hate beer) and the front of the shirt emblazoned their logo (perhaps the friend was wearing Tshirt backwards??) and what it actually said was "release your inner orange" -- which incidentally is just as powerful in my heart.

Anyhoooo ... long story short ... Follow your Inner Orange became my message. :)

What does it mean, you ask???

My inner orange is every single ounce of self-love in my heart. It is my ambition. It is my meditation. It is my little child. It is my freak coming out. It is my dorkiness. It is my event planner, bringing people together. It is ALL the self-help books, articles and quotes I've ever read. It is the friend that listens. It is the helper that helps. It is my heart smiling. It is gratitude. It is cookies, ice cream, coffee and mac-n-cheese. It is a warm blanket and a good movie. It is the sun on my face. It is the weights I lift, the sweat on my brow, the exercise I need. It is a healthy meal. It is the paint on my canvas. It is art I feel. It is my hips I shake, the booty I bounce, the dance in my step. It is my therapy-however, whenever, whatever I chose for that to be, at any given moment.

It is my essence. My core. My being.

Unfortunately, I lose my way off this path very frequently and sometimes have a hard time finding my way back. Being in a rut SUCKS! I have super duper awesomely amazing friends/people in my life that help my find my way back, to show me how to love myself as is, to encourage, to challenge, to inspire, to accept me that way I am (no small feat!) Every single one of these people are a part of me "following my inner orange" and I consider myself very luck and very rich for them.

I feel as if I'm back on the right path and things are good. The Universe is smiling on me (knocking on wood right now). I'm always a work in progress, but it's all good. Life is good.


And to further help myself get on the right path and STAY on the right path ... this became my latest tattoo inspiration. :)




INDEED!!






6 comments:

  1. Awesome! You're inner orange is the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, it looks like the orange is your spirit animal ;)

    The shape of the orange is of course one of the most incredible symbols in nature/the universe, and if I was to summarize the meaning of the color orange, I'd say it would be warmth, energy, activity (often social) and enthusiasm (often extreme). Sounds apropos ;)

    Bravo!

    http://www.squidoo.com/colorexpert#module1541677

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY UNIVERSE .... that totally describes me!!! AWESOME! Thx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent! I'll be adding your feed, keeping track, and wishing you the best :)

    ReplyDelete